You are about to leave jnjmedtech.com. By clicking to continue, you will be taken to a web site governed by their own Legal and Privacy Policies.
PINNACLE® Ceramic Liners
PINNACLE® Ceramic Liners
PINNACLE® Ceramic Liner Inserter
The PINNACLE Ceramic Liner Inserter is designed to aid initial insertion of CERAMAX™ Liners in PINNACLE Acetabular Shell.
The Ceramic Liner Inserter consists of two radiolucent Radel® polyphenylsulfone (PPSU) components, a yellow “gripper” and a grey “pusher”. These components are not detectable by x-ray.
- Select the appropriate size “Pusher” and “Gripper” to match the internal and external diameters of the ceramic liner.
- Pusher size = inner diameter (Head size).
- Gripper size = outer diameter (Shell size).
- Orientate the Pusher and Gripper as shown.
- Align the Pusher with the central hole of the Gripper and firmly press together.
- Ensure that the Pusher arms are aligned with the gaps between the Gripper legs.
Assemble to Ceramic Liner
Place the subassembly on the ceramic liner with the gripper legs capturing the outer edge.
To ensure liner alignment and verify that all gripper legs are firmly fixed and flush to the liner, this may require significant effort to clip on.
Position the Device
- Carefully advance the liner into the incision and align the face of the gripper to the face of the implanted acetabular cup.
- Care should be taken to avoid soft tissue or bony impingement.
- Ensure all three gripper legs are in contact with the face of the acetabular shell.
- Should any bony or soft tissue impingement occur during insertion of the ceramic liner inserter into the wound and seating on the shell, remove the ceramic liner inserter from the wound and modify the retractor positions to improve exposure.
- To determine if the ceramic liner inserter is flush with the face of the cup and there is no soft tissue impingement, visually inspect the area between the gripper legs and the shell.
- In addition the sub-assembly may be freely rotated on the face of the shell to ensure full contact between the gripper legs and the shell.
Manually deploy the ceramic liner inserter by firmly depressing the central button.
When the liner is released from the gripper and is “flush” with the face of the shell an audible cue should be apparent.
- Carefully retrieve the device from the wound.
- Palpate the liner to confirm proper taper alignment and seating in the cup. The liner should sit flush relative to the face of the shell.
- If liner seating is acceptable, use an impactor with the appropriate size impactor tip for final seating of the CERAMAX Ceramic Insert. Final seating requires two to four moderate blows. If liner seating is not acceptable remove the liner and repeat liner insertion.
PINNACLE® Hip Solutions
No available references for this product.
For product details such as indications, contraindications, warnings and precautions please consult the IFU.