You are about to leave jnjmedtech.com. By clicking to continue, you will be taken to a web site governed by their own Legal and Privacy Policies.
ETHICON Inc, and other Johnson & Johnson affiliates, care about your privacy and wants you to be familiar with how we collect, use and disclose personal information.
Based on our legitimate interests in responding to your requests, we will use your personal information to provide you with the information you requested in accordance with our Privacy Notice below. We may also use your personal information, without any identifiable information, to compile statistical data. This is based on our legitimate interests in improving our products and services. Your personal information may be shared with our affiliates, service providers, and other third parties, as described in our Privacy Notice. Your personal information may be transferred to countries outside of your country of residence, including the United States, which may provide for different data protection rules than in your country.
- Information collection: ETHICON Inc is the data controller of the personal information covered by this Privacy Notice. The EMEA Medical Affairs at ETHICON Inc is collecting the personal information you provided for the purposes of responding to your Medical Information Request (MIR).
Should the MIR that you have submitted include information qualifying as a complaint and/or an adverse event, your personal information may also be processed to comply with legal obligations on post market surveillance duties as foreseen under EU / UK medical device legislation, including managing complaints and adverse events reporting.
Your personal information, without any identifiable information, may also be processed for other purposes, such as data analysis, audits and improving our products and services.
- Disclosure of information: We disclose your personal information to our affiliates for the purposes described in this Privacy Notice. A list of our affiliates is available at http://www.investor.jnj.com/sec.cfm (click on the link to Form 10K, Exhibit 21, under “SEC Filings”). ETHICON Inc is the party responsible for the management of the jointly-used personal information.
We may also disclose your personal information to unaffiliated third parties, including regulatory authorities, and to service providers that we use to support our business, such as technology service providers with which we have a contract in place.
- Your Privacy Rights: You have the right to request to review the personal information we have collected about you, as well as the right to request correction, deletion, blocking, data portability and restriction of our use of such information. You can make a request by contacting us as follows: EMEA Medical Affairs at M[email protected].
- Cross-Border Transfer: The use and disclosure of personal information contemplated in this Privacy Notice may involve a transfer of the information to jurisdictions located outside your country of residence, including the United States, which may provide for different data protection rules than in your country. Appropriate contractual and other measures are in place to protect your personal information when it is transferred. We may transfer your personal information to a country deemed as adequate by applicable data protection laws, and where that is not the case we will ensure appropriate safeguards are in place under applicable data protection laws, such as standard contractual clauses. You may obtain a copy of these measures by contacting our data protection officer responsible for your country or region, if applicable, at [email protected].
- Data Retention: We will retain your personal information for as long as needed or permitted in the light of the purpose(s) for which it was obtained. The criteria used to determine our retention periods include: (i) the length of time we have an ongoing relationship with you and provide the service to you; (ii) whether there is a legal obligation to which we are subject; and (iii) whether retention is advisable in light of our legal position (such as in regard to applicable statutes of limitations, litigation, or regulatory investigations).
- Data Protection Officer and Data Representative: If you have questions about our privacy practices, you may contact our data protection officer responsible for your country or region, if applicable, at [email protected]. Our representative in the European Union is DePuy Ireland UC, who may be contacted at [email protected] (noting ETHICON, INC in the subject line).
- Lodging a Complaint: You may lodge a complaint with a data protection authority for your country or region. If you are in the EEA, contact information for such authorities is available at http://ec.europa.eu/newsroom/article29/item-detail.cfm?item_id=612080. If you are in the UK, contact information is available at https://ico.org.uk/.