You are about to leave jnjmedtech.com. By clicking to continue, you will be taken to a web site governed by their own Legal and Privacy Policies.
US Reimbursement Resources
US Reimbursement Resources
We understand the importance of tools and education in helping you navigate through the complex ENT reimbursement environment. The resources below contain valuable information on ENT coding, reimbursement and procedure documentation
Coding, Reimbursement and Documentation Resources
Acclarent Reimbursement Guide for Physician and Facilities
This guide has been developed to assist you in obtaining appropriate physician payment and hospital facility reimbursement for Nasal/Sinus Endoscopic Surgery, Eustachian Tube Balloon Dilation, Airway Dilation, and Computer Assisted Navigation procedures.
Acclarent ENT Medicare Updates
This update reflects the CY 2021 Medicare national average fee schedules for Physician, Hospital Outpatient and Ambulatory Surgery Centers, for Balloon Sinuplasty (BSP), Eustachian Tube Balloon Dilation (ETBD), Airway Dilation, and Navigation procedures.
FAQ Acclarent Coding and Reimbursement for Physician and Facilities
Get the answers to commonly asked reimbursement and coding questions. Use the table of contents to easily find relevant topics, including prior approval, place of service, coding, modifiers and more.
Acclarent HCPCS Guide
This guide has been developed to assist in locating the appropriate HCPCS codes for Acclarent products used in the hospital outpatient setting.
FOR ADDITIONAL QUESTIONS OR INFORMATION CONTACT:
[email protected] 877.340.6466
CPT® codes and descriptors copyright ©2019 American Medical Association. All rights reserved. CPT® is a registered trademark of the American Medical Association.
Disclaimer: The information is provided to assist you in understanding the reimbursement process. It is intended to assist providers in accurately obtaining reimbursement for health care services. It is not intended to increase or maximize reimbursement by any payer. We strongly suggest that you consult your payer organization with regard to local reimbursement policies. The information contained in this document is provided for information purposes only and represents no statement, promise or guarantee by Acclarent, Inc. concerning levels of reimbursement, payment or charge. Similarly, all CPT® & HCPCS codes are supplied for information purposes only and represent no statement; promise or guarantee by Acclarent, Inc. that these codes will be appropriate or that reimbursement will be made.
The third-party trademarks used herein are trademarks of their respective owners.
No applicable peer-reviewed references for this page.
Acclarent Navigation Technology is intended for use by or under the direction of a physician. Devices guided by the Acclarent Navigation Technology have described risks including the potential for unintended injury to the orbits or CNS as a consequence of inaccurate navigation.
ACCLARENT AERA® Eustachian Tube Balloon Dilation System is intended for use by physicians who are trained on Acclarent Technology. Eustachian tube balloon dilation has associated risks, including tissue and mucosal trauma, infection, or possible carotid artery injury.
ACCLARENT® Balloon Sinuplasty Devices are intended for use by or under the direction of a physician who is trained in the use of Acclarent Technology. ACCLARENT® Balloon Sinuplasty Device use has described risks, including tissue and mucosal trauma, infection, or possible orbital injury.
The RELIEVA TRACT™ Nasal Balloon Dilation System is an instrument intended to provide increased intranasal space to facilitate access for endonasal and trans-nasal procedures and/or temporarily address nasal obstruction by displacing the inferior turbinate and lower nasal septum. The RELIEVA TRACT™ Nasal Balloon Dilation System is intended for use in ages 17 years or older. Balloon dilation catheters should be used by or under supervision of physicians thoroughly trained in balloon dilation. A thorough understanding of the technical principles, clinical application, and risk associated with balloon dilation of the nasal passage is necessary before using this device.
Important Safety Information
- Intended for single patient use only. DO NOT REUSE.
- Do not use a RELIEVA SPINPLUS® NAV Balloon Sinuplasty System if the integrity of the sterile packaging has been compromised or if the device appears damaged.
- Do not use a RELIEVA SPINPLUS® NAV Balloon Sinuplasty System if the device becomes damaged or touches a non-sterile object outside of the operating field.
- Never advance or retract the RELIEVA® Spin Sinus Guide Catheter Tip, or Sinus Balloon Catheter against unknown resistance, as this could cause tissue trauma or device damage.
- Do not try to move the Sinus Guide Catheter Tip or Sinus Balloon Catheter while the Sinus Balloon is inflated, as this could cause tissue trauma or device damage.
- Do not exceed the recommended maximum Sinus Balloon inflation pressure of 12 atmospheres.
- Use only sterile saline or sterile water for inflation. Do not inflate with air or radiopaque contrast.
- Prior to irrigation through the RELIEVA SPINPLUS® NAV Balloon Sinuplasty System, ensure that the balloon is fully deflated so that sinus contents and irrigation fluid can exit the sinus cavity.
- To prevent inadvertent fluid extravasation, such as into the orbit, do not irrigate in the presence of a bony dehiscence or defect in any sinus wall.
- Do not use the RELIEVA SPINPLUS® NAV Balloon Sinuplasty System without a Sinus Guide Catheter Tip attached.
- Do not insert or inflate the Sinus Balloon with the protective red-tipped Balloon Sheath in place.
- Ensure the Sinus Balloon has fully exited the guide tip before inflating.
- Use of a Sinus Balloon Catheter that is too large for the target sinus may cause damage to the Sinus Balloon and / or surrounding anatomy. Use of an undersized Sinus Balloon may result in failure to properly treat the target sinus.
- The Balloon Sinuplasty System has a suction function that is designed to remove non-viscous fluids from the surgical field such as blood. Ensure that the suction level is reduced to the lowest level required to remove non-viscous fluids from the field. Excessively high suction levels may cause mucosal trauma.
- The RELIEVA SPINPLUS® NAV Balloon Sinuplasty System has a suction function that is designed to remove non-viscous fluids from the surgical field such as blood. Attempting to remove viscous material from the surgical field, such as thick mucus, could lead to device clogging.
- Prior to connection with an ACCLARENT® Balloon Inflation Device to the Sinus Balloon Catheter, any proximally connected tubing must be free of air or the efficiency of inflation/deflation may be compromised.
- Only move or withdraw the Sinus Balloon Catheter when the Sinus Balloon is completely deflated. Advancing or retracting the Sinus Balloon Catheter while the Sinus Balloon is inflated may cause damage to the RELIEVA SPINPLUS® NAV Balloon Sinuplasty System.
- Due to the variability of sinus development in pediatric patients and as is standard practice for endoscopic sinus surgery, appropriate radiographic imaging (e.g. CT scan) should be reviewed prior to surgery to assess the development of sinus anatomy and compatibility with the Sinus Balloon Catheter.
- As with any sinus surgery, the Balloon Sinuplasty System should only be used for treatment of pediatric patients who are not responsive to medical therapy.
- The safety of Ethylene Oxide residuals has been established in patients weighing 10 kg and above.
- Before opening the sterile package, visually inspect the package to ensure that the seals remain intact, the sterile integrity has not been compromised, and no damage has occurred during shipping and handling.
- The Sinus Navigation Guidewire is a precision instrument and must be handled with care. Do not pinch or kink the body of the Sinus Navigation Guidewire.
- Do not attempt to alter the distal tip shape of the Sinus Navigation Guidewire, as this may result in device damage.
- Use care when connecting the Sinus Navigation Guidewire to the ACCLARENT® ENT Navigation System Instrument Hub to prevent damage to the proximal connector pins.
- RELIEVA SPINPLUS® NAV System materials are not compatible with magnetic resonance imaging (MRI).
Prior to use, it is important to read the Instructions for Use and to understand the registration process and the contraindications, warnings and precautions described for the systems.
Caution: Federal (US) law restricts the sale, distribution or use of these devices to, by or on the order of a physician. Third party trademarks used herein are trademarks of their respective owners. This content is intended for audience within the US only.
This site is published by Acclarent, Inc. which is solely responsible for its contents. It is intended for visitors from the United States.
© Acclarent, Inc. 2020. Last Updated on 06/30/2020