You are about to leave jnjmedtech.com. By clicking to continue, you will be taken to a web site governed by their own Legal and Privacy Policies.
NASAL AIRWAY OBSTRUCTION (NAO)
There has been growing awareness that nasal obstruction may impair various daily and social activities.1 Chronic nasal obstruction often causes symptoms including headache, fatigue, sleep disturbance, daytime sleepiness, lack of care, and thus a decline in health-related quality of life (QOL).2,3 Learn more about what it is and what your treatment options may be.
WHAT IS NAO?
Nasal airway obstruction (NAO) is a blockage of the nasal passages that makes it difficult to breathe through the nose.
Common causes of NAO include deviated septum—off-center displacement of the nasal wall between the nostrils—and enlargement of structures in the nasal passages, such as the turbinates.
Common signs and symptoms associated with NAO include4:
- Stuffy or congested nose
- Blocked airflow through the nose
- Nasal drainage recurring sinus infections
- Any difficulty with nasal breathing, especially when active or exercising
- Difficulty sleeping and chronic snoring
WHAT ARE MY TREATMENT OPTIONS?
If you have difficulty breathing through the nose and experience symptoms associated with NAO, treatment options may be available.
QUESTIONS TO ASK YOURSELF
Do you persistently experience any of these NAO signs and symptoms?
Nasal congestion or stuffiness, nasal blockage or obstruction, trouble breathing through your nose during exercise or activity, difficulty sleeping. If so, treatment with the ACCLARENT RELIEVA TRACT® Nasal Dilation System may be right for you, a minimally invasive option for nasal obstruction.5
Have you considered or tried any specific treatment for your NAO?
Including home remedies such as nasal strips or sprays, medications or surgical procedures and still are experiencing symptoms. The RELIEVA TRACT® Nasal Dilation System may be a viable alternative treatment for patients with persistent NAO symptoms. It can be used to improve access into the nasal cavity by addressing septal deviation and/or enlarged turbinates.5
Have you seen a doctor for your NAO?
If so, ask your doctor about the ACCLARENT RELIEVA TRACT® Nasal Dilation System. If not, enter your ZIP code to locate a specialist who can assess your symptoms.
Find a Doctor
- Udaka T, Suzuki H, Kitamura T, Shiomori T, Hiraki N, Fujimura T, Ueda N. Relationships Among Nasal Obstruction, Daytime Sleepiness, and Quality of Life. Laryngoscope 2006; 116: 2129-2132.
- Radenne F, Lamblin C, Vandezande LM, et al. Quality of life in nasal polyposis. J Allergy Clin Immunol 1999;104:79–84.
- Rhee JS, Book DT, Burzynski M, Smith TL. Quality of life assessment in nasal airway obstruction. Laryngoscope 2003;113:1118 –1122.
- Lipan MJ1, Most SP.Development of a severity classification system for subjective nasal obstruction. JAMA Facial Plast Surg. 2013 15(5):358-61.
- IFU005161 Rev A RELIEVA TRACT™ Balloon Dilation System ‐ Instructions for Use
Caution: Federal (US) law restricts the sale, distribution or use of these devices to, by or on the order of a physician.
This site is published by Acclarent, Inc. which is solely responsible for its contents. It is intended for visitors from the United States.
© Acclarent, Inc. 2021 All Rights Reserved. Last Updated on 9/1/2021