You are about to leave jnjmedtech.com. By clicking to continue, you will be taken to a web site governed by their own Legal and Privacy Policies.
Cannulated Hindfoot Arthrodesis Nail Titanium
The Hindfoot Arthrodesis Nail, part of the Expert Nailing System, permits a proper hindfoot alignment due to a unique lateral bend of the nail along with an added stability provided through various locking options.
Features & Benefits
Various locking options are available within the nail:
- Distally, the spiral blade increases surface area and enhances load distribution in the calcaneus
- The 6.0 mm locking screws allow a posterior-to-anterior fixation for improved purchase in the calcaneus as well as a calcaneocuboid fusion option
- The appropriate endcap provides a fixed-angle construct with the spiral blade and/or the 6.0 mm locking screw
- The angulated 5.0 mm locking screw through the talus facilitates the subtalar fusion by additional fixation and provides an optional talar/navicular fusion
- Proximally, the placement of the two 5.0 mm locking screws are targeted through the aiming arm, regardless of nail length
- The system allows different locking orientations: Medial-to-lateral or lateral-to-medial
- The dynamization slot allows optional postoperative compression
The lateral bend of the nail is designed to do the following:
- Restore 3° to 5° of valgus positioning to improve patient’s gait
- Avoid damage to the lateral plantar artery and nerve
No available references for this product.
The Hindfoot Arthodesis Nail–EX is indicated to facilitate tibiotalocalcaneal arthrodesis to treat:
• Severe foot/ankle deformity
• Instability and skeletal defects after tumor resection; these include, but are not limited to, neuro-osteoarthropathy (Charcot’s foot)
• Avascular necrosis of the talus
• Failed joint replacement or failed ankle fusion
• Distal tibial fracture nonunions
• Rheumatoid arthritis and pseudoarthrosis
© DePuy Synthes 2022. All Rights Reserved. This site is published by the DePuy Synthes Companies, which are solely responsible for its content. This site is governed solely by applicable U.S. laws and governmental regulations. This site is for visitors from the United States. The third party trademarks used herein are the trademarks of their respective owners.