You are about to leave jnjmedtech.com. By clicking to continue, you will be taken to a web site governed by their own Legal and Privacy Policies.
CRANIOS REINFORCED® Fast Set Putty and Rotary Mix
CRANIOS REINFORCED® Fast Set Putty and Rotary Mix are biocompatible, self-setting calcium phosphate cements intended to fill defects in the restoration or augmentation of the cranial skeleton. They contain reinforcing fibers that impart an increase in toughness* to reduce crack propagation during the setting process.
Features & Benefits
- Reinforcing Fibers: Impart increased toughness* to resist cracking during the setting process
- Sodium Hyaluronate Solution: Increased viscosity enhances the cohesion and handling of the material
- High Compressive Strength: Reaches a maximum compressive strength of 35 MPa (Inject) and 25 MPa (Fast Set Putty) within 24 hours. This compressive strength is greater than cancellous bone1
- Hardens in a Warm, Wet Environment: Reducing the need to limit moisture at the operative site
- Closely Resembles the Mineral Phase of Bone: Gradually resorbed and replaced with bone during the natural bone healing process
- Isothermic Hardening: Helps to prevent thermal injury to surrounding soft tissue
- pH Neutral: Limits the risk of foreign body reaction caused by localized pH imbalance
1 Cowin, S.C., ed.Bone Mechanics Handbook. 2nded. New York, NY: CRC Press, 2001. 16-3. Print
* Toughness is defined as a material’s ability to resist fracture when stressed. Data on file with DePuy Synthes, mechanical test FRN TEST 132.
Mechanical test data on file with DePuy Synthes Companies, mechanical test number FRN test 132.
Mechanical test results may not necessarily be indicative of clinical results.
CRANIOS REINFORCED® Rotary Mix and CRANIOS REINFORCED Fast Set Putty are indicated for repairing or filling cranial defect and craniotomy cuts with a surface area no larger than 25 cm2. CRANIOS REINFORCED Rotary Mix and CRANIOS REINFORCED Fast Set Putty are also indicated for the restoration or augmentation of bony contours of the cranial skeleton (including fronto-orbital areas) such as burr hole voids and other cranial defects.
© DePuy Synthes 2022. All Rights Reserved. This site is published by the DePuy Synthes Companies, which are solely responsible for its content. This site is governed solely by applicable U.S. laws and governmental regulations. This site is for visitors from the United States. The third party trademarks used herein are the trademarks of their respective owners.