You are about to leave jnjmedtech.com. By clicking to continue, you will be taken to a web site governed by their own Legal and Privacy Policies.
DERMABOND® PRINEO® Skin Closure System
DERMABOND® PRINEO® combines the proven strength, flexibility, and microbial barrier of DERMABOND ADVANCED® with the security of a self-adhering mesh to facilitate skin closure and an optimal healing environment.1-6
Features & Benefits
Shorter length of stay and fewer return visits
DERMABOND® PRINEO® has no dressings to change or staples to remove. Patients with DERMABOND® PRINEO® had a shorter length of stay and lower readmissions than patients with skin staples in total knee arthroplasty.7*
Simplified at-home care
With its transparent barrier that allows for observation of the incision, DERMABOND® PRINEO® may be especially suitable for surgeons who have adopted telemedicine protocols in their post‐op patient care. Patients may be able to shower immediately after their procedure, if directed by the healthcare professional.4
The microbial barrier protection of DERMABOND® PRINEO® is proven 99% effective through 72 hours in vitro.8 Furthermore, DERMABOND® PRINEO® is demonstrated in vitro to kill 99.9% of bacteria (MRSA, MRSE, and E Coli) on direct contact.9,11
DERMABOND® PRINEO® Skin Closure System Brochure
DERMABOND PRINEO System 22 Information Sheet
DERMABOND® PRINEO® Complies with Guidelines for Resuming Elective Surgery During the Pandemic
DERMABOND® PRINEO® in Labor and Delivery
DERMABOND PRINEO Skin Closure System Optimal Device Performance Guide
DERMABOND® PRINEO® Skin Closure System Evidence Brief
DERMABOND PRINEO Patient Surgeon Satisfaction Study
DERMABOND® PRINEO® C-section Study
DERMABOND® PRINEO® FAQ
DERMABOND PRINEO Dermatitis Study Stat
DERMABOND PRINEO Total Knee Arthroplasty Study
C-Section Value Brief
Dr. Snyder/TriHealth Case Study
Proliance Case Study
*In a retrospective, observational study using the Premier Healthcare Database in total knee arthroplasty (N=1,942), 2012-2015; LOS 2.8 days vs 3.2, P=0.002; discharge to SNF 26% vs 39%, P=0.011; 30-day readmissions 1.8 vs 4.4%, P=0.006).
1. Keplinger S. Protocol investigation of the comparison of PRINEO with conventional wound closure techniques. 07PD048. May 2007. Ethicon, Inc.
2. Richter D. Multi-centre study to show equivalence of DERMABOND PROTAPE to INTRADERMAL SUTURES for skin closure of full thickness surgical incisions associated with breast procedures. 07CS003. Final Report 09 July 2010. Ethicon, Inc.
3. Richter D. Multi-centre study to show equivalence of DERMABOND PROTAPE to INTRADERMAL SUTURES for skin closure of full thickness surgical incisions. 06CS005. Final Report 10 June 2010. Ethicon, Inc.
4. DERMABOND® PRINEO® Skin Closure System (22 cm), Instructions for Use. Ethicon, Inc.
5. Shapiro AJ, Dinsmore RC, North JH. Tensile strength of wound closure with cyanoacrylate glue. Am Surg. 2001;67(11):1113-1115.
6. Kannon GA, Garrett AB. Moist wound healing with occlusive dressings. A clinical review. Dermatol Surg. 1995;21(7):583-590.
7. Sutton N, Schmitz ND, Johnston SS. Economic and clinical comparison of 2-octyl cyanoacrylate/polymer mesh tape with skin staples in total knee replacement. J Wound Care. 2018;27(Sup4):S12-S22.
8. Su W. Study Report for in vitro evaluation of microbial barrier properties of DERMABOND ProTape. Report Number 06TR071. December 4, 2006. Ethicon, Inc.
9. Bhende S. In-vitro study to evaluate the ability of DERMABOND™ PRINEO™ Skin Closure System to kill bacteria on contact. June 22, 2012. Ethicon, Inc.
10. Kumar A. Study to Compare the tissue holding strength of PRINEO™ skin closure system with conventional wound closure techniques. AST-2012-0290. 2012. Ethicon, Inc.
11. Clinical significance unknown.
12. In an ex vivo study, more load in N was required to create a 3 ±1 mm gap between skin edges approximated with DERMABOND PRINEO System, than with subcuticular 4-0 MONOCRYL® Suture or PROXIMATE® Ethicon Endo-Surgery skin staples (P=0.00).
© Ethicon US, LLC. 2019.
For complete indications, contraindications, warnings, precautions, and adverse reactions, please reference full package insert.
This site is published by Ethicon US, LLC, which is solely responsible for its contents, and is intended for U.S. audiences only.
This site is intended for Healthcare Professionals. If you are a patient, it is important that you discuss information about the benefits and risks of products with your doctor.
Last updated February 20, 2019. The third-party trademarks used herein are trademarks of their respective owners. Data and usage fees may apply. See your carrier for more information.