You are about to leave jnjmedtech.com. By clicking to continue, you will be taken to a web site governed by their own Legal and Privacy Policies.
GLOBAL® FX Shoulder Fracture System
Developed specifically for humeral head fractures, the DePuy Synthes Joint Reconstruction GLOBAL® FX Shoulder Fracture System includes many features to assist the surgeon with this particularly difficult procedure. One such feature is a positioning jig to assist in re-establishing proper humeral head height and version. The GLOBAL® FX System also maintains many of the benefits that continue to make DePuy Synthes Joint Reconstruction’s GLOBAL® Shoulder System the leading shoulder prosthesis in the United States.
Features & Benefits
Trial and Implant Height Markings
- Assist in re-establishing anatomical height
- Stems available in standard and long variations
Proximally POROCOAT Porous-Coated and Non-Coated Humeral Stems
- Offers secure tuberosity fixation
Fracture Alignment Jig
- Height and version alignment
Reduced Proximal Body
- Preserve bone stock for tuberosity attachment
Medial Fin Hole
- Provides additional fixation opportunities
No available references for this product.
Total shoulder or hemi-shoulder replacement is indicated for:
1) A severely painful and/or disabled joint resulting from osteoarthritis, traumatic arthritis or rheumatoid arthritis; 2) Fracture dislocations of the proximal humerus where the articular surface is severely comminuted, separated from its blood supply or where the surgeon’s experience indicates that alternative methods of treatment are unsatisfactory; 3) Other difficult clinical problems where shoulder arthrodesis or resection arthroplasty are not acceptable (e.g., revision of a failed primary component).
Hemi-shoulder replacement is also indicated for: 1) Ununited humeral head fractures; 2) Avascular necrosis of the humeral head.
The GLOBAL FX Humeral Stems, when used with a GLOBAL ADVANTAGE CTA Humeral Head, is indicated for hemi-shoulder replacement in patients with rotator cuff tears.
GLOBAL FX Humeral Stem is indicated for the following fixation methods:
-POROCOAT PorousCoated Humeral Stems are indicated for cemented or uncemented use.
-Humeral stems labeled “for cemented use only” are indicated only for use with bone cement.
-Humeral stems labeled “for pressfit or cemented use only” are indicated for press-fit uncemented use or for use with bone cement.
WARNING: This product has labeling limitations. See package insert for complete information.
© DePuy Synthes 2022. All Rights Reserved. This site is published by the DePuy Synthes Companies, which are solely responsible for its content. This site is governed solely by applicable U.S. laws and governmental regulations. This site is for visitors from the United States. The third party trademarks used herein are the trademarks of their respective owners.