You are about to leave jnjmedtech.com. By clicking to continue, you will be taken to a web site governed by their own Legal and Privacy Policies.
PliaFX® Prime Demineralized Bone Fibers
PliaFX® Prime is made of 100% bone fibers, optimally demineralized to promote bone growth (osteoinductive potential)2-7. PliaFX® Prime bone fibers interlock, allowing the graft to become moldable upon rehydration, without the use of a carrier. PliaFX Prime conforms to the surgical site and remains both intact and in place.
Features & Benefits
Facilitates natural remodeling during the bone healing process (no human, xenograft or synthetic carriers).8
Designed for optimized handling10
Interlocking bone fibers remain intact and in place, and are moldable upon rehydration10
Bone fibers provide a hospitable scaffold for bone remodeling 1,8
Optimally demineralized by LifeNet Health’s proprietary PAD® technology to expose natural growth factors.2-7
- Murphy MB, Suzuki RK, Sand TT, et al. Short term culture of mesenchymal stem cells with commercial osteoconductive carriers provides unique insights into biocompatibility. J Clin. Med. 2013; 2,49-66; doi:10.3390/jcm2030049
- Sampson, Alana. Addendum: Interaction of Cells with Moldable Demineralized Fibers. 6/8/2018. Document # ES-17-111-02.
- Zhang M, Powers RM, and Wolfinbarger L. Effect(s) of the demineralization process on the osteoinductivity of demineralized bone matrix. J Periodontol. 1997; 68:1085-1092
- Turonis JW, McPherson JC 3rd, Cuenin MF, et al. The effect of residual calcium in decalcified freeze-dried bone allograft in a critical-sized defect in the Rattus norvegicus calvarium. J Oral Implantol. 2006;32(2):55-62
- Herold RW, Pashley DH, Cuenin MF, et al. The effects of varying degrees of Allograft Decalcification on the Cultured Porcine Osteoclast cells. J Periodontol. 2002 Feb; 73(2):213-9
- Mott DA., Mailhot J, Cuenin MF, Sharawy M, Borke J. Enhancement of osteoblast proliferation in vitro by selective enrichment of demineralized freeze-dried bone allograft with specific growth factors. J Oral Implantol 2002;28(2):57-66
- Pietrzak WS, Ali SN, Chitturi D, Jacob M, Woodell-May JE. BMP depletion occurs during prolonged acid demineralization of bone: characterization and implications for graft preparation. Cell Tiss. Bank 2007 (Published online)
- Cornell C, Lane J. Current understanding of osteoconduction in bone regeneration. Clin Orthop Relat Res. 1998 Oct; (355 Suppl): S267-73.
- BioMed GPS SmarTRAK® report 2018. © 2008-2018 BioMedGPS, LLC. 4/4/19. .
- Welling, Kelsey. Rehydration and Irrigation Characterization for Moldable Demineralized Fibers. 12/14/17. Document # ES-17-090
PliaFX® is a registered trademark of LifeNet Health.
INDICATIONS FOR USE
This allograft bio-implant is intended for implantation.
The contraindications include, but are not limited to:
Use in any patient who has a known or suspected allergy to any of the antibiotics and/or processing reagents listed in the package insert.
© DePuy Synthes 2022. All Rights Reserved. This site is published by the DePuy Synthes Companies, which are solely responsible for its content. This site is governed solely by applicable U.S. laws and governmental regulations. This site is for visitors from the United States. The third party trademarks used herein are the trademarks of their respective owners.