VELYS™ Hip Navigation
VELYS™ Hip Navigation
The VELYS™ Hip Navigation platform helps surgeons bring technology-assisted hip replacement into their OR. It provides surgeons with the latest innovations in navigation and analysis technologies like ONETRIAL™ Analysis and CUPTIMIZE™ Hip-Spine Analysis, so they can use real-time, actionable data designed to help improve surgical outcomes, all within the compact VELYS™ Hip Navigation unit.
Intra-Operative Analysis and Digital Templating
VELYS™ Hip Navigation offers a precise analysis of implant selection and positioning through easy-to-use non-invasive navigation, pre-operative digital templating, and case planning.
VELYS™ Hip Navigation provides actionable, real-time data designed to help with increased accuracy and surgical reproducibility, reduced OR time, and improved patient outcomes.
What Makes VELYS™ Hip Navigation Different
ONETRIAL™ Analysis Efficiency
The ONETRIAL™ Efficiencies seeks to reduce OR time and fluoroscopy usage during hip replacement surgeries by providing surgeons with actionable surgical insights via real-time offset and leg-length data with a unique visual overlay.
CUPTIMIZE™ Hip-Spine Analysis
A simple, x-ray–based digital tool that uses patient-specific data to help surgeons identify patients who may require unique cup placement or dual mobility designs to reduce potential dislocation risks due to abnormal pelvic tilt.
The VELYS™ Hip Navigation System fits seamlessly into existing hip replacement workflow, with minimal OR footprint, and provides cloud-based case management and streamlined case planning using the VELYS™ Hip Navigation calendar.
ONETRIAL™ Analysis provides real-time offset and leg-length calculation at trial reduction and auto-calculates the change to leg length and offset for all implant combinations in an easy-to-read chart.
ONETRIAL™ combines data with a simple two-image visual overlay to provide actionable data with reduced OR time and fluoroscopy usage.
Introducing CUPTIMIZE™ Hip-Spine Analysis
CUPTIMIZE™ Hip-Spine Analysis, a surgical planning feature in VELYS™ Hip Navigation, is a simple, x-ray–based digital tool that uses patient-specific data to help surgeons assess dislocation risk following total hip replacement (THR) surgery and identify patients who may require unique cup placement or dual mobility design.
CUPTIMIZE™ Hip-Spine Analysis Benefits
As part of VELYS™ Hip Navigation, CUPTIMIZE™ Hip-Spine Analysis can help surgeons optimize their pre-op and post-op processes with features such as….
Simple, digital screening tool analyzes x-rays of the patient when standing and sitting
Designed to be easy to use and convenient
- No long wait times: Risk analysis can be conducted in minutes.
- No additional engineering staff needed: Registration can be conducted by the surgeon or a DePuy Synthes sales representative
- No advanced imaging: Only requires x-rays
Personalized Cup Position
- Data-driven decisions with Hip-Spine Analysis, cup position analysis, and specific cup position target
- Designed to personalize cup position and stability
- Designed to identify patients with abnormal pelvic tilt, and surgeons may choose to use dual mobility implants
- Goodell P, Ellis S, Kokobun B, et al. (October 04, 2022) Computer Navigation vs. Conventional Overlay Methods in Direct Anterior Total Hip Arthroplasty: A Single Surgeon Experience. Cureus 14(10): e29907. DOI 0.7759/cureus.29907