You are about to leave jnjmedtech.com. By clicking to continue, you will be taken to a web site governed by their own Legal and Privacy Policies.
MENTOR® CPX™4 Breast Tissue Expander
MENTOR® CPX™4 Breast Tissue Expander
Used in breast reconstruction surgery, MENTOR® CPX™4 Breast Tissue Expander is designed to expand primarily in the lower portion of the breast, so the resulting pocket will accommodate the implant and slope like a natural looking breast. It also has an integral “injection dome” that allows surgeons to add saline solution to the expander and gradually stretch the breast tissue over several months.
Features & Benefits
The soft and flexible proprietary BufferZone™ Self-Sealing Patch is designed to help ease insertion and removal.* 1-4
Tabs at the 3 and 9 o’clock positions of the MENTOR® CPX™4 with Suture Tabs Breast Tissue Expander allow for left to right alignment during expander placement.**5-8
*as compared to previous tissue expanders
**as compared to tissue expanders without suture tabs
During Breast Expansion
The proprietary BufferZone™ Self-Sealing Patch and the posterior Dacron Patch focus breast expansion towards the lower pole of the breast.9
The BufferZone™ Self-Sealing Patch surrounds the integral injection dome to protect at least 50% more of the expander surface area (than the injection dome alone) from accidental needle puncture to minimize and/or prevent device leakage and the need for additional surgery.10
Continuing Our Commitment to Safety and Reliability
CPX™4 Breast Tissue Expanders maintain key features fundamental to the MENTOR® Tissue Expander Portfolio to continue our legacy of safety and reliability: Smooth and SILTEX® Surface; Suture Tabs; Dacron® Patch; BufferZone® Self-Sealing Patch. CPX™ 4 Breast Tissue Expanders include an internal injection dome, which contains a magnet (Reference the IFU for relevant contraindications and warnings).11
MENTOR® Breast Implants are backed by a highly comprehensive warranty to ensure that you are supported long after your surgery. *12
*Based on warranty comparisons of the following breast implants.
*The third-party trademarks used herein are the trademarks of the respective owners.
1. Design Requirements Matrix, A. Martin, Document number: 1228
2. Positioning Assessment for Tissue Expanders, Trinity Partners – Global Life Sciences Consulting, 2011
3. Design Verification Report for Next Generation Tissue Expander-Comfort (Mentor Breast Tissue Expander, CPX4), Alisha Marin et al, R&D, 2012, OTHER0003987
4. Design Verification Report for Next Generation Tissue Expander-Comfort (Mentor Breast Tissue Expander, CPX4), Alisha Marin et al, R&D, 2012, DVCR0000057
5. BASE WITH ORIENTATION DOT, LH CPX™4 EXPANDER, Mentor, Drawing nr. 104609, 2017 6. BASE WITH ORIENTATION DOT, MH CPX™4 EXPANDER, Mentor, Drawing nr. 104610, 2017 7. BASE WITH ORIENTATION DOT, TH CPX™4 EXPANDER, Mentor, Drawing nr. 104611, 2017
8. THE MENTOR® CPX™4 and CPX™4 WITH SUTURE TABS TISSUE EXPANDER, December 2017, 102980-001
9. 3D Imaging of comfort, CPX2/3, and Allergan style 133 Tissue Expanders for Shape and Strain Measurement. David Overaker & Stephen Rothenbugeur, AST-2012-0176.
10. RATIO OF TE BLADDER & DOME TO SHELL, 2012
11. THE MENTOR® CPX™4 BREAST TISSUE EXPANDERS AND CPX™4 WITH SUTURE TABS BREAST TISSUE EXPANDERS. 102983-001 Rev E Mentor CPX4 Tissue Expanders CE-Marked PIDS. 2020. 6.2. G. Patrick Maxwell, MD; Michael Scheflan, MD; Scott Spear, MD; Maurizio B. Nava, MD; and Per Hedén, MD, PhD; Benefits and Limitations of Macrotextured Breast Implants and Consensus Recommendations for Optimizing Their Effectiveness Aesthetic Surgery Journal 2014, Vol. 34(6) © 2014. 6.3. Mentor Worldwide, LLC, Internal Memo ‐ Surface Area November 6, 2012.
12. Based on warranty comparisons of the following breast implants. Motiva® Warranty Program Terms and Conditions. Motiva, 2018. A Continued Commitment to Patients BIOCELL® Replacement Warranty. Allergan, 2019. Polytech. IMPLANTS OF EXCELLENCE PROGRAMME. Professional Service for Patients with POLYTECH Implants, 2019. GCA Comfort Guarantee. Nagor and Eurosilicone breast implants. Website: shorturl.at/aoGIR. Access date: 5/13/2020.About Johnson & Johnson. Website: https://www.jnj.com/about-jnj. Access date: 16/06/2020.
For product details such as indications, contraindications, warnings and precautions please consult the IFU.
© Johnson & Johnson Medical Ltd, 2020.
© Johnson & Johnson Medical Limited 2022. All Rights Reserved.
© Mentor Medical Systems B.V. 2014. All Rights Reserved.
This site is published by Mentor Medical Systems B.V. in the Netherlands.
This site is for visitors from Europe, Middle East and Africa.
The third party trademarks used herein are trademarks of their respective owners.
Please refer always to the Instructions for Use / Package Insert that come with the device for the most current and complete instructions.