You are about to leave jnjmedtech.com. By clicking to continue, you will be taken to a web site governed by their own Legal and Privacy Policies.
DYNACORD™ Suture is a high-strength orthopedic suture that is designed to minimize repair laxity in order to preserve consistent tissue approximation while improving footprint compression.1,7 Unlike other high-strength orthopedic sutures which may experience laxity5, DYNACORD Suture is uniquely designed to shorten when compression is lost, thereby minimizing micro-motion and gap formation.1,3
Features & Benefits
DYNACORD™ Suture innovative technology has been designed to maintain a more stable repair environment as compared to tested sutures currently on the market. *
DYNACORD™ Suture is designed to expand radially and contract axially when laxity is present to allow the suture to minimize negative aspects of a repair such as suture laxity, creep, and knot slippage. 1,2,6,*
DYNACORD™ Suture maintains set tissue approximation force, to minimizing gap formation.1,3,*
1. DePuy Synthes. Study #103394861.
2. Park J. American Journal of Sports Medicine, Vol 43, No. 9; Page 2118-2125
3. DePuy Synthes. A GLP Study - Evaluating the efficacy of DYNACORD Suture. Study# 103435970.
4. DePuy Synthes. A GLP Study – Evaluating the safety of DYNACORD Suture, Study # 103434703
5. Hurwit D, Journal of Arthroscopic and Related Surgery, Vol 30 No11; Page 1406-1412.
6. DePuy Synthes. Results of Knot Security Evidence Generation Study. Study Notebook 2017-14; page 19-21
7. DePuy Synthes. Pressure Film Testing Study Notebook 2017-14, pages 45-49
* Animal and bench testing results may not necessarily be indicative of clinical performance.
DYNACORD Suture: Comparative Maintenance of Approximation Force on a Simulated Repair
DYNACORD Suture: Comparative Monitoring of the Compression Force using Pressure
DYNACORD Suture: Comparative Evaluation of Knot Security in a Mechanical Model
DYNACORD Suture: Comparison of Tendon Cut Through Lengths in Ovine Infraspinatus
Comparative Evaluation of DYNACORD Suture in an Ovine Tendon Repair Safety Model
Comparative Evaluation of the DYNACORD Suture Silicone Core in a Porcine Safety Model
Indications for Use
Standalone DYNACORD™ Suture Indications:
DYNACORD Suture is indicated for orthopedic procedural use in soft-tissue approximation, and/or ligation, including use with allograft tissue.
HEALIX ADVANCE™ Anchors with DYNACORD™ Suture Indications:
Soft tissue to bone fixation in association with post-operative immobilization as follows:
• Shoulder: Rotator Cuff Repair, Bankart Repair, SLAP Lesion Repair, Biceps Tenodesis, Acromio-Clavicular Separation Repair, Deltoid Repair, Capsular Shift or Capsulolabral Reconstruction;
• Foot/Ankle: Lateral Stabilization, Medial Stabilization, Achilles Tendon Repair;
• Knee: Medial Collateral Ligament Repair, Lateral Collateral Ligament Repair, Posterior Oblique Ligament Repair, Iliotibial Band Tenodesis;
• Elbow: Biceps Tendon Reattachment, Ulnar or Radial Collateral Ligament Reconstruction;
• Hip: Capsular Repair, Acetabular Labral Repair.
© DePuy Synthes 2022. All Rights Reserved. This site is published by the DePuy Synthes Companies, which are solely responsible for its content. This site is governed solely by applicable U.S. laws and governmental regulations. This site is for visitors from the United States. The third party trademarks used herein are the trademarks of their respective owners.