You are about to leave jnjmedtech.com. By clicking to continue, you will be taken to a web site governed by their own Legal and Privacy Policies.
IMPROVE VISUALIZATION, REDUCE COSTS
Radial Head Replacement System
The Radial Head Replacement System allows for direct and radiographic visualization of the radiocapitellar, proximal radio-ulnar, and ulno-humeral joints during trialing. Clear visualization with Radiolucent Trials ensures that the chosen implant allows for a degree of play within the radial neck, helping the implant remain centered during elbow motion. In addition, single-use instrumentation allows for efficiency and cost savings.1,2,3,4
ENSURE OPTIMAL PLACEMENT
Placement, Positioning, and Optimal Mechanics
- May enhance the implant’s ability to self-align and “dial in” when the elbow goes through a range of motion, and may articulate with the capitellum throughout the entire arc of motion2,3
- Are associated with less removal due to implant loosening than press-fit implants4-11
- Are designed for better visualization of proximal ulna and joint1
- Allow for in-situ height determination without repeated removal of trial stems1
BE READY FOR ANYTHING
A World of Solutions for All of the Most Common Radial Head Repairs
DePuy Synthes’ Cannulated Compression Headless Screw (CCHS) System offers uncompromised precision. An innovative cutting edge improves efficiency while the Cobalt Chrome Guide Wire ensures less deflection. With the most comprehensive portfolio on the market, they can address a wide range of surgical needs.3,4,5,6
Features & Benefits
Radiolucent Color-Coded Plastic Trials
- Designed for better visualization of proximal ulna and joint1
- Allows for in-situ height determination without repeated removal of trial stems1
- Facilitates increased visibility1
Sterile Single-Use Instrument Kits
- Aims to improve efficiency, reduce costs, and minimize delays in the OR 3, 5-8
- May translate into less time spent pre-operatively searching for equipment 7
Smooth Stem Design
- May enhance the implant’s ability to self-align and “dial in” when the elbow goes through a range of motion and may articulate with the capitellum throughout the entire arc of motion9,10
- Associated with less removal due to implant loosening than press-fit implants11-18
Latest Educational Videos
See the Radial Head Replacement System in action with this in-depth demonstration
- DePuy Synthes Report: See Better Size Better Memo. 2019. Ref: 0000290188.
- Ford S. Nurses waste ‘an hour a shift‘ finding equipment. Nurs Times. 2009;105(5):1.
- Traverso LW, Hargrave K. A prospective cost analysis of laparoscopic cholecystectomy. Am J Surg.1995;169(5):503-506.
- Wong J, Khu KJ, Kaderali Z, Bernstein M. Delays in the operating room: signs of an imperfect system. Can J Surg. 2010;53(3):189-195.
- Shippert RD. A study of time dependent operating room fees and how to save $100,000 by using time-saving products. Am J Cosmetic Surg. 2005;22(1):25-34
- Anwar F, Shoaib RF. Critical incident identification in common orthopaedic injury. J Pak Med Assoc. 2009;59(2):71-74.
- McCormack J. Satisfy surgeons by improving instrument turnaround time. Mater Manag Health Care. 1995;4(8):18,20. Harden JL, Hiscox JA.
- Cost savings and quality improvement– single-use suture instruments? Scott Med J. 2006;51(3):30-33.
- AcevedoDC, Paxton ES, Kukelyansky I, Abboud J, Ramsey M. Radial head arthroplasty: state of the art. J Am Acad Orthop Surg. 2014;22(10):633-642.
- Szmit J, King GJ, Johnson JA, Langohr DG. The effect of stem fit on the radiocapitellar contact mechanics of a metallic axisymmetric radial head hemiarthroplasty: is loose fit better than rigidly fixed? J Shoulder Elbow Surg. 2019;28:2394-2399.
- Flinkkilä T, Kaisto T, Sirniö K, Hyvönen P, Leppilahti J. Short- to mid-term results of metallic press-fit radial head arthroplasty in unstable injuries of the elbow. J Bone Joint Surg Br. 2012;94(6):805-810.
- Allavena C, Delclaux S, Bonnevialle N, Rongières M, Bonnevialle P, Mansat P. Outcomes of bipolar radial head prosthesis to treat complex radial head fractures in 22 patients with a mean follow-up of 50 months. Orthop Traumatol Surg Res. 2014;100(7):703-709.
- Nestorson J, Josefsson PO, Adolfsson L. A radial head prosthesis appears to be unnecessary in Mason-IV fracture dislocation. Acta Orthop. 2017;88(3):315- 319.
- Rodriguez-Quintana D, Comulada DB, RodriguezQuintana N, Lopez-Gonzalez F. Radial head ingrowth anatomic implant versus smooth stem monoblock implant in acute terrible triad injury: a prospective comparative study. J Orthop Trauma. 2017;31(9):503-509.
- Grewal R, MacDermid JC, Faber KJ, Drosdowech DS, King GJ. Comminuted radial head fractures treated with a modular metallic radial head arthroplasty. Study of outcomes. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2006;88(10): 2192-2200.
- Duckworth AD, Wickramasinghe NR, Clement ND, Court-Brown CM, McQueen MM. Radial head replacement for acute complex fractures: what are the rate and risks factors for revision or removal? Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2014;472(7):2136- 2143.
- Moghaddam A, Raven TF, Dremel E, Studier-Fischer S, Grutzner PA, Biglari B. Outcome of radial head arthroplasty in comminuted radial head fractures: short and midterm results. Trauma Mon. 2016;21(1):e20201.
- Doornberg JN, Parisien R, van Duijn PJ, Ring D. Radial head arthroplasty with a modular metal spacer to treat acute traumatic elbow instability. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2007;89(5):1075-1080
© DePuy Synthes 2022. All Rights Reserved. This site is published by the DePuy Synthes Companies, which are solely responsible for its content. This site is governed solely by applicable U.S. laws and governmental regulations. This site is for visitors from the United States. The third party trademarks used herein are the trademarks of their respective owners.