Where Skill Meets Technology. Your Hands, Guided by Data.
VELYS™ Hip Navigation with CUPTIMIZE™ Hip-Spine Analysis uses data to support your technique, providing a personalized approach for functional cup and femoral implant positioning.
With class-leading hip implants and KINCISE™ Surgical Automated system, VELYS™ Hip Navigation with CUPTIMIZE™ Hip-Spine Analysis allows you to determine optimal leg length and offset more efficiently, working toward your goal of reduced postoperative complications.
ONETRIAL™ Analysis Efficiency provides real-time offset and leg-length calculation at trial reduction and auto-calculates the change to leg length and offset for all implant combinations in an easy-to-read chart.
VELYS Hip Navigation ONETRIAL Analysis integrates leg length and offset data with a visual overlay, providing actionable guidance for implant selection to potentially reduce OR time and fluoroscopy dose.2
CUPTIMIZE™ Hip-Spine Analysis is designed to personalize cup position and stability, providing patient-specific data to identify patients with abnormal pelvic tilt who may require unique cup placement or dual mobility implants.
A 2023 US-based retrospective study found that using fluoroscopic navigation such as VELYS™ Hip Navigation is associated with:
- significantly reduced 90 day and 365 day readmissions by 43% and 40% (p<0.001) compared to robotic-assisted hip arthroplasty1
- reduced 90-day follow-up costs by $2005 compared to robotic-assisted hip arthroplasty1
Introducing CUPTIMIZE™ Hip-Spine Analysis
CUPTIMIZE™ Hip-Spine Analysis, a surgical planning feature in VELYS™ Hip Navigation, is a simple, x-ray–based digital tool that uses patient-specific data to help surgeons assess dislocation risk following total hip replacement (THR) surgery and identify patients who may require unique cup placement or dual mobility design.
CUPTIMIZE™ Hip-Spine Analysis Benefits
As part of the VELYS™ Hip Navigation, CUPTIMIZE™ Hip-Spine Analysis can help surgeons optimize their pre-op and post-op processes with features such as:
- Simple, digital screening tool analyzes x-rays of the patient when standing and sitting
- Designed to be easy to use and convenient
- No long wait times: Risk analysis can be conducted in a short timeframe
- No additional engineering staff needed: Registration can be conducted by the surgeon or a DePuy Synthes sales representative
- No advanced imaging: Only requires x-rays
Personalized Cup Position
- Data-driven decisions with Hip-Spine Analysis, cup position analysis, and specific cup position target
- Designed to personalize cup position and stability
- Designed to identify patients with abnormal pelvic tilt, and surgeons may choose to use dual mobility implants
Access More On-Demand Learning at the J&J Institute
Clinical Studies & Evidence
CUPTIMIZE™ X-Ray Education Sheet
CUPTIMIZE™ Hip-Spine Analysis Overview
2021 Otto-Aufranc Award – Dr. Vigdorchik Summary Paper
Arthroplasty Today Publication – Dr. Juan Suarez et al
Premier Healthcare Database – Dr. Diaz et al
Premier Healthcare database – Dr. Hamilton et al
Select all documents (7)