You are about to leave jnjmedtech.com. By clicking to continue, you will be taken to a web site governed by their own Legal and Privacy Policies.
Why the ATTUNE® Knee
Why the ATTUNE® Knee
Designed to help you feel confident from your very first step, the ATTUNE® Knee System is a state-of-the-art knee replacement system that’s been provided to more than 1 million people worldwide since 20111. Designed to deliver a greater range of motion and faster recovery, you could get back to living the life you want to live.2,3
Designed for Your Life
What if you could wake up in the morning, go about your day, and not have to think about your knee pain? The ATTUNE® Knee was designed to give you a good range of motion and prevent that unstable feeling some experience during everyday activities, such as bending or walking up and down stairs. It works in harmony with your knee muscles and ligaments, so you can pursue the passions you want to sooner – without knee pain holding you back.2,3
What does research say?
It’s important to have confidence in the knee system you choose. Two worldwide studies compared the ATTUNE® Knee and the SIGMA® Knee systems, and the ATTUNE Knee showed improved patient-reported outcomes after two years.4
More confidence in knee performance 4
Less pain in the front of your knee5-8
More confidence performing everyday activities4
Improved overall quality of life4
What's the technology behind ATTUNE® Knee?
During the development of the ATTUNE® Knee, we looked closely at knee replacement designs and surgery procedures to find opportunities for innovation.
This research process allowed us to create patented technologies that are meant to help you return to a life of freedom and movement.
The Patented ATTUNE GRADIUS® Curve
This is designed to provide smooth motion during knee bending and gives you more stability by reducing unnatural sliding of the femur on the tibia for activities such as walking.
The GLIDERIGHT® Articulation
This is designed to optimize how your patella (kneecap) works with the rest of your knee, so your movements may be as smooth as possible.
AOX® Antioxidant Polyethylene
This advanced plastic material acts as a spacer between the tibia (shin bone) and femur (thigh bone) to replace the cartilage. It’s shown to have excellent mechanical strength and resistance to wear, so it can take on activities of daily living.9
- ATTUNE® Knee System Unit Sales 2019. DePuy Orthopaedics, Inc.
- Clatworthy, M. (2015). An Early Outcome Study of the ATTUNE® Knee System vs. the SIGMA® CR150 Knee System. DePuy Synthes Companies White Paper. 100959-181017. In an IRB approved early outcomes study, physiotherapists collected data on 40 patients implanted with ATTUNE® Knees and 40 patients with SIGMA® CR150 knees. The results demonstrated that patients implanted with the ATTUNE Knee had statistically significant improvements in some early outcomes, other outcomes demonstrated a trend favoring the ATTUNE Knee, and some outcomes were equivalent.
- Etter K, Lerner J, Kalsekar I, de Moor C, Yoo A, Swank M. Comparative Analysis of Hospital Length of Stay and Discharge Status of Two Contemporary Primary Total Knee Systems. J Knee Surg. 2017. 1(212): 1-10. DOI https://doi.org/10.1055/s-0037-1604442. Premier PerspectiveTM Database analysis including 38 hospitals, representing 1,178 primary, unilateral TKAs with the ATTUNE Knee and 5,707 primary, unilateral TKAs with TriathlonTM.
- Hamilton W, Brenkel I, Barnett S, Allen P, Kantor S, Clatworthy M, Dwyer K, Lesko J. Comparison of Existing and New Total Knee Arthroplasty Implant Systems from the Same Manufacturer: A Prospective, Multicenter Study. Poster Presentation # 06014, AAOS. Las Vegas, NV. 2019.
- Toomey, S.D.,Shah, J., Himden, S., Lesko, J., Hamilton W.G.: Comparative Incidence of Patellofemoral Complications Between Two Total Knee Arthroplasty Systems in a Multi Center, Prospective Clinical Study. J Arthroplasty. 2017; 32:S187-S192. Implants tested: P.F.C. SIGMA (DePuy).
- Indelli P.F., Pipino G., Johnson P., Grace_a A., Marcucci M., Posterior-stabilized total knee arthroplasty: a matched pair analysis of a classic and its evolutional design. Arthroplasty Today 2016;2:193-8. Implants tested: P.F.C. SIGMA and ATTUNE Knee.
- Martin J.R., Jennings J.M., Watters T.S., Levy D.L., McNabb D.C., Dennis D.A., Femoral Implant Design Modi_cation Decreases the Incidence of Patellar Crepitus in Total Knee Arthroplasty. J Arthroplasty, 2017 Apr;32(4):1310-1313. Implants tested: P.F.C. SIGMA and ATTUNE Knee.
- Ranawat C.S., White P.B., West S., Ranawat A.S., Clinical and Radiographic Results of Attune and PFC Sigma Knee Designs at 2-Year Follow-Up: A Prospective Matched-Pair Analysis. J Arthroplasty 2017;32:431-6. Implants tested: P.F.C. SIGMA and ATTUNE Knee
- Data on file at DePuy Orthopaedics, Inc. WR070300, WR070248.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION
As with any medical treatment, individual results may vary. The performance of knee replacements depends on your age, weight, activity level, and other factors. There are potential risks, and recovery takes time. People with conditions limiting rehabilitation should not have this surgery. Only an orthopaedic surgeon can determine if knee replacement is right for you.
Please refer to the instructions for use for a complete list of indications, contraindications, warnings and precautions.