You are about to leave jnjmedtech.com. By clicking to continue, you will be taken to a web site governed by their own Legal and Privacy Policies.
RESHAPING THE STANDARD OF CARE
When You Combine Implant, Technique, and Technology, Knee Replacement Becomes Knee Restoration
DePuy Synthes has helped to shape the practice of total knee arthroplasty (TKA) for more than 35 years, and we continue to design forward-thinking solutions to Keep People Moving.
Our latest offering is no different. It aims to transform knee replacement to restoration.
RESTORE KNEE FUNCTION SOONER
Three Advanced Components, One Revolutionary Surgical Solution
DePuy Synthes is enabling surgeons to restore patient knee function sooner1-3 with next level patient satisfaction4, by offering an end-to-end solution. This single solution combines the ATTUNE™ Knee System with the proprietary Patient-Specific Techniques, and VELYS™ Robotic-Assisted Solution to help enhance surgical accuracy, precision and predictability. Surgeons enjoy greater ease of use. Patients get back on their feet, faster1-3. One knee solution, endless steps forward.
Modern Knee Solutions
DePuy Synthes Knee Solutions is a natural fit for providing end-to-end solutions, including the implant, techniques and technology for surgeons’ success throughout the entire care continuum. One key component is the ATTUNE™ Knee System..
ATTUNE™ Knee System
The ATTUNE™ Knee System is a modern knee system scientifically designed for STABILITY IN MOTION™ that more closely matches the kinematics of the natural knee to allow for functional knee restoration and improve patient satisfaction.
STABILITY IN MOTION™
DePuy Synthes Knee Solutions is a natural fit for providing end-to-end solutions, including the implant, techniques and technology for surgeons’ success throughout the entire care continuum. One key component is the ATTUNE™ Knee System.
Knee Restoration is Here
DePuy Synthes is revolutionizing what’s possible in orthopedics by enabling surgeons to restore patient knee function sooner1-3 to help achieve the next level of patient satisfaction4 by combining the kinematically advanced and clinically-proven3,6-10 ATTUNE™ Knee System with the VELYS™ Robotic-Assisted Solution and the patient-specific techniques together in a single end-to-end solution. Knee restoration is here and with it, we envision a future of better outcomes and improved patient satisfaction.
Restoring Knee Function Through Kinematics
Knee arthroplasty is a soft-tissue procedure5. The restoration of normal knee function is highly dependent on load sharing among the implant, surrounding ligaments and other supporting soft-tissue structures.
The kinematically-designed ATTUNE™ Knee System is an integrated implant system that takes these into account and features a proprietary tibiofemoral articulation and advanced patellofemoral kinematics that enable natural rollback and rotation with reduced anterior slide.
The Most Modern Knee on the Market
The ATTUNE™ Knee System, in combination with computer assisted techniques, may deliver greater knee function2 and help achieve the next level of patient care and satisfaction4.
In fact, registry data shows that 88% of patients are satisfied with the results of their ATTUNE™ Knee TKA4, which is closing the gap of patients unsatisfied with their surgery.
ATTUNE™ Knee System is statistically significantly better than class for both patient satisfaction4 and implant survivorship5. Additionally, global data have shown that the ATTUNE™ Knee System shortened patients’ length of stay and reduced rehabilitation referrals, compared with other leading knee systems1-3.
Patient-specific techniques target the restoration of an individual patient’s knee function and help preserve the soft tissue envelope of the knee.
EXPONENTIAL PATIENT BENEFITS
Preserving Soft Tissue While Optimizing StabilityPreserving Soft Tissue While Optimizing Stability
A combination of the ATTUNE™ Knee System and PSA surgical techniques is designed to help create a more stable joint within the soft tissue envelope and improve patient satisfaction.
PSA is available in both tibia-first and femur-first techniques, which are designed to maintain the natural soft tissue envelope of the knee and reduce the requirement for soft tissue releases.
VELYS™ Robotic-Assisted Solution
The VELYS™ Robotic-Assisted Solution Optimizes Every Aspect of the Process
Another key component of the single end-to end solution is the VELYS™ Robotic-Assisted Solution, part of the VELYS™ Digital Surgery platform of connected technologies.
Not only does it simplify knee replacement for surgeons by providing valuable insights for precise implant selection and positioning, the VELYS™ Robotic-Assisted Solution also improves efficiency for surgeons, and can help maximize patient satisfaction.
Simplicity for Better Outcomes
The VELYS™ Robotic-Assisted Solution simplifies knee replacement surgery by providing valuable insights for precise implant selection and positioning, improving efficiency for surgeons with the overall goal of improving patient outcomes at each step of the patient journey.
When the System Works in Harmony, the Patient’s Anatomy can Work in Harmony
The VELYS™ Robotic-Assisted Solution and Patient Specific Alignment (PSA) work exclusively with the ATTUNE™ Knee System which has shown to improve patient reported outcomes by working in harmony with the patient’s anatomy to deliver both stability and motion.
- van Loon C, Meermans G, Baas N, et al. Early recovery Rate After A new Design Total Knee Arthroplasty (TKA): A Prospective, Multicenter Cohort of 200 Cases. 2nd World Arthroplasty Congress. Rome, April 19-21, 2018.
- Clatworthy, M. (2015). An Early Outcome Study of the ATTUNE™ Knee System vs. the SIGMA® CR150 Knee System. DePuy Synthes Companies White Paper. 100959-181017 DSUS/EM. In hospital study involved 40 ATTUNE™ Knee vs 40 SIGMA Knee patients.
- Etter K, Lerner J, de Moor C, Yoo A, Kalsekar I. Comparative Analysis of Hospital Length of Stay and Discharge Status of Two Contemporary Primary Total Knee Systems. Journal of Knee Surgery. 2017; 193: 1-33. DOI https://doi.org/10.1055/s-0037-1604442. Premier Perspective™ Database analysis including 38 hospitals, representing 1,178 primary, unilateral TKAs with the ATTUNE™ Knee and 5,707 primary, unilateral TKAs with Triathlon™.
- National Joint Registry for England, Wales, Northern Ireland and the Isle of Man. Implant Summary Report for DePuy ATTUNE CR and ATTUNE PS. NJR Database extract May 6, 2021, page 14. Licensed for use until May 18, 2022, Available at www.ATTUNEevidence.com (US) and www.provingthepromise.com (EMEA)
- Dennis DA, Komistek RD, Kim RH, Sharma A. Gap balancing versus measured resection technique for total knee arthroplasty. Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2010 Jan; 468(1):102-7
- Ranawat CS, White PB, West S, Ranawat AS. Clinical and Radiographic Results of Attune and PFC Sigma Knee Designs at 2-Year Follow-Up: A Prospective Matched-Pair Analysis. J Arthroplasty 2017;32(2):431-436.
- Indelli PF, Pipino G, Johnson P, Graceffa A, Marcucci M. Posterior-stabilized total knee arthroplasty: a matched pair analysis of a classic and its evolutional design. Arthroplasty Today 2016;2(4):193-198.
- Toomey SD, Daccach JA, Shah JC, Himden SE, Lesko JP, Hamilton WG. Comparative Incidence of Patellofemoral Complications Between 2 Total Knee Arthroplasty Systems in a Multicenter, Prospective Clinical Study. J Arthroplasty 2017;32(9S):S187-S192.
- Martin JR, Jennings JM, Watters TS, Levy DL, McNabb DC, Dennis DA. Femoral Implant Design Modification Decreases the Incidence of Patellar Crepitus in Total Knee Arthroplasty. J Arthroplasty 2017;32(4):1310-1313.
- Hamilton W, Brenkel I, Barnett S, et al. Comparison of P.F.C. SIGMA to ATTUNE: A Prospective, Multicenter Study. Podium Presentation at the Closed Meeting of the Knee Society, Sept 2018, St Louis, MO, USA. 2018.
Please refer to the instructions for use for a complete list of indications, contraindications, warnings and precautions. 187388-210826 DSUS