Expect More, Worry Less. Trust in GST.
Expect More, Worry Less. Trust in GST.
ECHELON Reloads with Gripping Surface Technology
"What advice would I give to my earlier self when starting to use ECHELON™ GST reloads? I would probably say to myself try it and trust it!”
– Dr. Alessandro Pardolesi, Thoracic Surgeon
What Users Are Saying
Which Reload Is Right for Your Procedure?
For each tissue thickness there are usually several reload choices possible. Depending on your hemostasis preference, you can choose between reloads that will deliver a drier staple line or more perfusion. To use the Reload Selection Simulator, please contact your local representative or contact us via this form
Reliable Staple Line Integrity
Across a Broad Range of Tissue Thicknesses.1* Overlapping tissue thickness ranges provide more confidence that the reload you select will handle the tissue thickness.
Taking Engineering Advancements Into Your OR
The color of our reloads hasn’t changed, but thanks to continuous design and innovation improvements, the performance has.7
Gripping Surface Technology
Proprietary pocket extensions to grip and stabilize tissue during firing.8
May Eliminate One Reload9‡
The ECHELON+ Stapler with GST Reloads may eliminate one reload per procedure due to less tissue slippage compared to Medtronic reloads with Tri-Staple technology9‡
Designed to reduce tissue thickness and evenly distribute compression.10
More Uniform Compression
The ECHELON™+ Stapler with GST Reloads demonstrated 32% more uniform staple line compression compared to Medtronic Staplers with Tri-Staple™ Reloads.11¥
Uniform Staple Height
For all three rows designed to meet the needs of tissue and provide consistent compression.10
Experience ECHELON+ Stapler with GST Reloads
The ECHELON™+ Stapler with GST Reloads advances staple line security to deliver fewer leakage pathways at the staple line, even in challenging conditions.12§
Our commitment to Colorectal surgery focuses on reducing the risk of complications and associated costs. By combining innovation with education and research, we strive to have more predictability in outcomes.
Committed to shaping the future of surgery in the fight against obesity and metabolic diseases and helping to elevate the standard of care through research and evidence, best-in-class education and training, innovative products and expanding patient access to care. Together, we're advancing surgical care, aiming to enable patients to live longer, more fulfilling lives.
Ethicon is committed to working with the Thoracic community to Shape the Future of Thoracic surgery. By improving the understanding of key complications, investing in innovation and education we hope to work towards the very best patient outcomes.
*Benchtop testing in porcine tissue for ECHELON+ Stapler with GST Reloads. Reliable staple line integrity defined as 0.9 reliability at 90% confidence over the intended tissue thickness range for each reload. The Echelon+ Stapler with GST Reloads accommodates a tissue thickness range of 1.0mm to 4.0mm (measured at 8g/mm2, tissue comfortably compressed to closed staple height during firing per IFU)
† Compared with Ethicon and leading competitor manual and/or leading competitor powered staplers.
‡ May eliminate one reload per procedure due to less tissue slippage during firing. In benchtop testing in porcine stomach tissue, the Ethicon ECHELON+ Stapler with GST Reloads (PSEE60A, GST60T) had less mean longitudinal change in 4.0mm thick tissue, 0.79mm vs. 4.09mm, compared to the Medtronic Signia™ Stapling System (SIGPHANDLE, SIG60AXT), p-value <0.05.
¥ Benchtop testing in 3.2mm synthetic tissue comparing staple line compression between ECHELON+ Stapler with GST Reloads (PSEE60A, GST60B, GST60G) to Medtronic Signia™ and Endo GIA™ Staplers with Tri-Staple™ Reloads (EGIA60AMT). Resulting in a statistically significant compression uniformity, p<0.05.
§ Advancing staple line security with fewer leakage pathways and less malformed staples. Fewer leakage pathways: benchtop testing in porcine tissue ≤ 30mmHg (26mmHG average pressure experienced during typical leak test), comparing Ethicon ECHELON+ Stapler PSEE60A with GST Reloads GST60B to Medtronic Signia™ and Endo GIA™ Staplers with Tri-Staple™ Reloads EGIA60AMT. Cumulative number of leaked tests (0/30), (7/30) & (9/30) respectively, n=30, p < 0.05. Fewer malformed staples: benchtop testing in 3.3mm and 4.0mm porcine tissue comparing malformed staples between ECHELON+ Stapler with GST Reloads (GST60B, GST60T) to Medtronic Signia™ Stapler with Tri-Staple™ Reloads (EGIA60AMT, EGIA60AXT) and Endo GIA™ with Tri-Staple™ Reloads (EGIA60AMT, EGIA60AXT). Percentage malformed results: 1.14% vs 4.28%, p < 0.05
1.Ethicon, PRC093801A Project Cowbell 45mm GST Reload SLI/FSH DV Completion Report, April 2020, Data on file Ethicon, PRC095237B Project Cowbell 60mm GST Reload SLI/FSH DV Completion Report, July 2020, Data on file Ethicon, 18082020 ECHELON+ with GST Reloads Tissue Thickness Range Memo, Aug 2020, Data on file da Vinci Xi, EndoWrist® Stapler, Instruments and Accessories User Manual Addendum (PN 551681-07 Rev. C 2016.12) Covidien Endo GIA IFU (11/08-1, 2011) (167038-211112 EMEA)
2. Rawlins L, Johnson BH, Johnston S, Elangovanraaj N, et al. Comparative effectiveness assessment of two powered surgical stapling platforms in laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy: a retrospective matched study. Med Devices (Auckl). 2020;13:195-204[SD .
3. Roy S, Yoo A, Yadalam S, et al. Comparison of economic and clinical outcomes between patients undergoing laparoscopic bariatric surgery with powered vs. manual endoscopic surgical staplers. J Med Econ. 2017;20(4):423-433.
4. Tsunezuka Y, Tanaka N, Fujimori H. The impact of endoscopic stapler selection on bleeding at the vascular stump in pulmonary artery transection. Med Devices (Auckl). 2020;13:41-47.
5. Park SY, Kim DJ, Mo Nam C, et al. Clinical and economic benefits associated with the use of powered and tissue-specific endoscopic staplers among the patients undergoing thoracoscopic lobectomy for lung cancer. J Med Econ. 2019;22(12):1274-1280.
6. Miller D, Roy S, Kassis E, Yadalam S, Ramisetti S, Johnston S. Impact of powered and tissue-specific endoscopic stapling technology on clinical and economic outcomes of video-assisted thoracic surgery lobectomy procedures: a retrospective, observational study. Adv Ther. 2018;35(5):707-723.
7. Ethicon, PRC068594B Interchangeability of ECHELON FLEX™ Powered Stapler, ECHELON FLEX™ Powered Plus Stapler, ENDOPATH ECHELON™ Reloads and ENDOPATH ECHELON™ Reloads with Gripping Surface Technology (GST), Sep 2014, Data on file
8. Ethicon, 25032021 Memo GST Reloads and Closed Bottom Channel, March 2021, Data on file
9 Ethicon, PRC097776A Evaluation of stomach tissue movement during stapler firing for claims: Cowbell vs Signia, Nov 2020, Data on file (162866-211123 EMEA)
10. Ethicon, 05112021 ECHELON™+ Powered Stapler with GST Reloads Claims, Data on file (195788-211115 EMEA, 195186-211109 EMEA)
11. Ethicon, PRC097500B.3 Cowbell Foam Uniform Compression Study for Claims: Cowbell Powered Plus with GST vs. Covidien Endo GIA with Tri-Staple, Oct 2020, Data on file (158247-201105 EMEA)
12. Ethicon, PRC096436A Ex-Vivo Comparison of Staple Line Leak Pressure: Echelon Flex Powered Plus Stapler with GST vs Endo GIA and Signia with Tri-Staple Technology, Aug 2020, Data on file Ethicon, PRC096858A Evaluation of Malformed Staples in Thick Tissue for Claims: Echelon Flex Powered Plus Stapler with GST vs Endo GIA and Signia with Tri-Staple Technology, Aug 2020, Data on file (159504-201117 EMEA)