You are about to leave jnjmedtech.com. By clicking to continue, you will be taken to a web site governed by their own Legal and Privacy Policies.
ENSEAL X1 Curved Jaw
ENSEAL X1 Curved Jaw
ENSEAL X1 Curved Jaw offers more efficiency and has demonstrated stronger sealing than LigaSure Maryland1-3*
About this Device
For use in open and laparoscopic general surgical procedures where vessel ligation, (sealing and cutting), division of lymphatics, tissue grasping, and dissection is performed.
The device can be used on vessels and vascular bundles up to and including 7mm in diameter.
ENSEAL™ X1 Straight Jaw
Bowel resections, gynecology, gastric, urologic and thoracic surgical procedures
Stronger Sealing Capabilities3¥
Vessels sealed with ENSEAL X1 Curved Jaw had a 22% higher average burst pressure than vessels sealed with LigaSure™ Maryland. 3¥
ENSEAL X1 Curved Jaw can capture more tissue per bite with a 16% longer jaw and 9% wider jaw aperture compared to LigaSure™ Maryland1,2≠
ENSEAL X1 Tissue Sealers have 360° shaft rotation to enable access to targeted tissue.4,5
Ease of use5,6±
Our engineers designed the ENSEAL X1 so surgeons can spend less time focusing on what’s in their hand, and more time focusing on the task at hand.4,5
Minimal tissue trauma8π
ENSEAL X1 Curved Jaw Tissue Sealer produces minimal lateral thermal damage7≤
Powered by Ethicon GEN11 Generator, Adaptive Tissue Technology continuously delivers energy intelligently and efficiently in ENSEAL X1 Curved Jaw9,10§
ENSEAL X1 Curved Jaw demonstrated better distal tip grasping compared to LigaSure™ Maryland11β
|Product code||Product Description||Qty per box|
|NSLX125C||Enseal X1 curved jaw 25 cm||3|
|NSLX137C||Enseal X1 curved jaw 37 cm||3|
|NSLX145C||Enseal X1 curved jaw 45 cm||3|
*ENSEAL™ X1 Curved Jaw has a longer jaw, longer cut length and wider jaw aperture compared to LigaSure Maryland (LF1937) (p < 0.001). In benchtop testing on porcine arteries, vessels sealed with ENSEAL X1 Curved Jaw had a 22% higher average burst pressure than vessels sealed with LigaSure™ Maryland (LF1937), (1055mmHg vs. 862mmHg, p < 0.001)
¥Comparison of ENSEAL X1 Curved Jaw to LigaSure™ Maryland (LF1937). Benchtoptesting on porcine arteries (1055mmHg vs. 862mmHg, p <0.001)
≥ENSEAL™ X1 Curved Jaw Tissue Sealer can capture, seal and transect a longer length of tissue per single activation due to a 16% (or 3.4mm) longer jaw (p < 0.001) and a 19% (or 3.5mm) longer cut length (p < 0.001) compared to LigaSure™ Maryland (LF1937).
≠Based on metrology data, ENSEAL X1 Curved Jaw Tissue Sealer has a 16% (or 3.4mm) longer jaw than LigaSure™ Maryland (LF1937) (p < 0.001) and ENSEAL X1 Curved Jaw Tissue Sealer has a 9% (or 1.15mm) wider jaw aperture than LigaSure™ Maryland (LF1937) (p < 0.001)
±88.9% of Surgeons questioned (n=27) rated the ENSEAL™ CURVED as better or the same in terms of ease of use vs. their current LigaSure™ device simulated-use animate porcine lab. All ENSEAL™ X1 devices share a common handle design
πMean thermal spread measured via histology on porcine vessels 7 mm or less in diameter. Curved: 2.03+/-0.61 mm, Straight: 2.05+/-0.68 mm. Pre-clinical test data are not necessarily indicative of clinical performance
≤Mean thermal spread measured via histology on porcine carotid arteries
§Adaptive Tissue Technology algorithm powered by GEN11
βGrasping force measured as the maximum amount of force required to pull porcine jejunum from the distal tip of device jaws. Comparison of ENSEAL X1 Curved Jaw to LigaSure™ Maryland (LF1937) (p < 0.001)
- Ethicon, Project Floyd: Claims Metrology Report, June 2018, PRC079564B (145171-200630, 145163-200630, 145041-200629)
- Ethicon, Floyd Relaunch Claims Metrology, June 2020, PRC095763A (145171-200630, 145163-200630, 145041-200629
- Ethicon, Floyd Relaunch Claims Ex-Vivo Sealing, June 2020, PRC094697A (145171-200630, 145069-200629)
- As Per Instructions For Use (152441-220803, 181381-221026)
- Ethicon, DOC023555A, A Floyd Claims Memo - Industrial Design, July 2018, Data on File (152441-220803, 181381-221026, 152982-220811)
- Ethicon, DOC024721A, Floyd Marketing Claims Memo, Jan 2019, Data on File (152982-220811)
- Ethicon, PSP007612A, Evaluation of ENSEAL™ X1 Tissue Sealer, Curved Jaw, in an Acute Porcine Model, Feb 2020, Data on File (145177-220705)
- Ethicon, 21-0079, Project Floyd: Evaluation of Thermal Spread of Enseal™ Curved and Straight Devices Compared to LigaSure™ Maryland and Blunt Devices in Acute Porcine Vessel Sealing Model, Dec 2021, Data on File (203124-221026)
- Ethicon, SCN047554A, Brick X1 System and Generator - Memo v2, Sept 2016, Data on File (173804-220913)
- Ethicon, 500645881B, ENSEAL X1 Adaptive Tissue Technology memo, Feb 2021, Data on File (173804-220913)
- Ethicon, Floyd Relaunch Claims Grasping Force, June 2020, PRC096063A (145160-200630)
© Johnson & Johnson Medical N.V., Belgium 2018-2019.
This site is published by Johnson & Johnson Medical N.V., Belgium which is solely responsible for its contents and is intended for EMEA audiences only. This site is intended for Healthcare Professionals. If you are a patient, it is important that you discuss information about the benefits and risks of products with your doctor.
Last updated February 22, 2019. The third-party trademarks used herein are trademarks of their respective owners. Data and usage fees may apply. See your carrier for more information.
*As of March 2017, per internal research conducted by Ethicon.
Please refer always to the Instructions for Use / Package Insert that come with the device for the most current and complete instructions.