You are about to leave jnjmedtech.com. By clicking to continue, you will be taken to a web site governed by their own Legal and Privacy Policies.
Our surgical stapling portfolio addresses the challenges of tissue thickness, tissue movement during firing, staple line security, and tissue tension with the objective of providing greater stapling precision in surgery.
The ECHELON CIRCULAR Powered Stapler reduced leaks by 61% at the staple line compared to the Medtronic DST SeriesTM EEATM Stapler.1*
Gripping Surface Technology provided gentler handling with a 33% reduction in compressive forces on tissue.6#
Push button firing increased stability with 37% less distal tip movement during firing.7##
Designed with offset closure of the staple legs, 3D Stapling Technology evenly distributed compression to reduce potential leak paths.
All Surgical Stapling Products
*Benchtop testing in porcine tissue ≤30mmHg (26mmHg average pressure experienced during intra-operative leak test), comparing Ethicon CDH29P to Medtronic (Covidien) manual EEA2835 (p<0.001) and preclinical perfusion model, in which perfusion was not significantly different between devices.
**Impact of the Novel Powered Circular Stapler on Risk of Anastomotic Leakage in Colorectal Anastomosis. A Propensity Score‐Matched Study. [ECHELON CIRCULAR 1.7% (1/60) vs. manual circular 11.8% (14/119), p=0.022]
^Finite element‐based computational simulations (FEA) on simulated porcine tissue measuring tissue compression after approximation and staple formation, comparing average standard deviation of 5.481 for 2D staples to 5.109 for 3D staples (n=37, p<0.05).
#Benchtop testing on porcine colon, comparing Ethicon CDH29P (closed to the lowest end of the tissue compression scale) to Covidien (Medtronic) manual EEA2835, p<0.001.
##Users firing in a porcine model, comparing Ethicon CDH29P (n=15) to Medtronic Covidien EEA2835 (n=15), p=0.003.
†Staple line analysis in benchtop testing (non tissue), comparing Ethicon CDH25P (closed to the lowest end of the tissue compression scale) to Covidien (Medtronic) manual EEA2535 (p<0.05). Even refers to pressure distribution underneath each individual staple. Comprehensive refers to pressure distribution over the entire staple line.
1. Ethicon, PRC077848 Leak Claims Testing, October 2016, Data on File.
2. Ethicon, PSB004557 A comparison of staple line perfusion between 29mm ECHELON CIRCULAR Powered Stapler (CDH29P) and 28mm DST Series EEA Circular Stapler (EEA2835), November 2016, Data on File (114092-190513 EMEA)
3. Pla‐Martí V, Martín‐Arévalo J, Moro‐Valdezate D, et al. Impact of the novel powered circular stapler on risk of anastomotic leakage in colorectal anastomosis: a propensity score‐matched study. Tech Coloproctol. 2020. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10151‐020‐02338‐y.
4. Ethicon, 500561940A.7 Silhouette Tissue Compression Simulation [Claims – EU], Oct 2020.
5. Ethicon, 500632160A Design Intent for Echelon Contour Curved Cutter, Jan 2021, Data on file.
6. Ethicon, PRC078621 Echelon Powered Circular Gentler Handling Test Completion Report, January 2017, Data on File.
7. Ethicon, PRC078105 Distal Tip Movement Claims Testing, November 2016, Data on File.
8. Ethicon, PRC078258A Even Compression Claims Testing, November 2016, Data on File.
© Johnson & Johnson Medical Limited 2021. All Rights Reserved.
Please refer always to the Instructions for Use / Package Insert that come with the device for the most current and complete instructions.