You are about to leave jnjmedtech.com. By clicking to continue, you will be taken to a web site governed by their own Legal and Privacy Policies.
MatrixRIB™ Fixation System
The DePuy Synthes MatrixRIB™ Fixation System consists of pre-contoured, shaped, and straight locking plates, locking screws, and intramedullary splints for the fixation and stabilization of the chest wall.
Features & Benefits
The DePuy Synthes MatrixRIB™ Fixation System
- Used without removing periosteum to limit disruption of the blood supply to the bone1
- Drill bit with stop to prevent over-drilling
- Self-retaining screwdriver blades
- Plates are pre-contoured to fit an average rib shape, which minimizes intraoperative bending2,3,4,5
- Low profile, 1.5 mm thick plates
- Plates are colour coded to distinguish left and right designs
- Plates are etched on medial end to indicate the corresponding rib curvature
- Intramedullary splints allow less invasive procedures5,6
- Three widths available (3 mm, 4 mm, 5 mm)
- One screw needed to secure splint
- Locking design allows for stable fixation compared to non-locking screws7,8
- Self-drilling Locking Screw option does not require pre-drilling or tapping
- Screws work with self-retaining screwdriver blades
Sternal body plates
- Plates are shaped for sternal osteotomies and fractures7,8
- 2.8 mm thickness for higher loads on sternal body7,8
- A universal plate with 8 holes is available for smaller fracture areas and osteotomies
- Straight plates with 24 or 30 holes are available for complex or custom bends
Minimally Invasive Plate Osteosynthesis (MIPO)
- MIPO instruments offer additional approach options that are less invasive than the original MatrixRIB Fixation System. These instruments overcome various access challenges by extending their reach without increasing incision size.9
Request Sales Rep
If you wish to learn more about this product, submit a request and a representative of DePuy Synthes will be in touch shortly.
If you require a printed or digital brochure or surgical technique for this product, submit your request and we will send it to you.
1. M. E. Müller, M. Allgöwer, R. Schneider, and H. Willenegger. Manual of Internal Fixation, 3rd Edition. Berlin: Springer-Verlag. 1991.
2. Design Validation (0000051142 page 1)
3. Mechanical Test Report (MT08-481 - 0000095555 pages 20)
4. Bottlang Michael., Long William .B., Phelan Daniel., Fielder Drew., Madey Steven. M., Surgical Stablization of frail chest injuries with MatrixRib implants: A prospective observational study. Injury, Int. J.Care Injured. 2012; 1- 7.
5. Bottlang M., Walleser S., Noll M., et al. Biomechanical rational and evaluation of an implant system for rib fracture fixation. Eur J Trauma Emerg Surg. 2010; 36: 417-426.
6. Mechanical Test Report (MT08-481 - 0000095554 page 8)
7. Design Verification and Validation Report (00000895551 pages 4-5)
8. Mechanical Testing Rationale (0000232912 page 2)
9. Bemelman Michael, MD, Ball van Mark, MD, PhD. Yuan Zhang Jian, MD, Leenen Luke MD, PhD , The role of minimally invasive Plate Osteosynthesis in Rib Fixation: A Review. Korean J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 2016; 49: 1– 8.
© DePuy Synthes Companies 2021. All Rights Reserved.
This site is published by the DePuy Synthes Companies, which are solely responsible for its content.
This site is for visitors from Europe, Middle East and Africa.
The third party trademarks used herein are trademarks of their respective owners.